Resources for Women and Minorities at OSU
The following is a list of some of the resources available at OSU and online for women, African Americans, Hispanic/Latino Americans and Native Americans.
Organizations and Resources at OSU
- Office of Minority Affairs
- OSU Multicultural Center
- Diversity Initiative at Ohio State (links to diversity-oriented student groups and campus offices)
- ACM-W (ACM's committee on women in computing)
- Undergraduate Financial Aid
- Minority Engineering Program
- Women In Engineering Program
- Phi Sigma Rho - Undergraduate
OSU's beta chapter of the national social sorority for women in engineering
- Alpha Omega Epsilon
- Undergraduate Engineering and Science Sorority
OSU's lambda chapter of the international social and professional sorority
for women in engineering, science, and related disciplines
Resources on the Web
- Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility Includes Topic specifically on women, as well as many topics of general interest
- Funding Opportunities and Fellowship
- NSF Graduate Fellowships, including awards specifically for women
- American Association of University Women: Not CS specific, but includes CS fellowship information for women
- Fellows Proposals for PhD-holding women: NSF Advance Program
- Links for minorities
- Coalition to Diversify Computing
- Institute for African-American ECulture - includes several interesting online papers and articles
- Society for Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science (SACNAS)
- National Consortium for Graduate Degrees for Minorities in Engineering and Science, Inc. - Includes fellowships and a mailing list
- Links for women
- Rachel Adelson's "Live Wire" Column - Articles of interest to women
- Distributed Mentoring Project for Women - research and mentoring for undergraduate women
- Role Models in Computer Science - a database of short auto-biographies by women in computing (quick reading!)
- EE Times - Women in Electrical Engineering
- Eniac Programmers - In the beginning, all computer programmers were women...
- ITT Technical - women in technology
- Marketplace: Computer science: calling all women
- MentorNet's One-on-One Programs
- Women in computing - Wikipedia - A community supported reference, feel free to edit!
for Girls/Women & Technology
- AWC - Association for Women in Computing
- CRAW - CRA Committee on the Status of Women in Computing Research
- Women in Technology International - Includes a free resume database!
- Association for Computing Machinery: Committee on Women in Computing
- Center for Women and Information Technology: ESTEEM
- GREAT Gender Relations in Educational Applications of Technology
- Geek Girl!
- Girls Inc. - 140 Years of Celebrating Girlhood
- Institute For Women and Technology Related Links
- President's Council on Women's Issues at The Ohio State University
- SIGCSE Committee on Expanding the Women-in-Computing Community
- The National Center for Women and Information Technology (NCWIT)
- WAMC - Women in Science, Technology, Engineerin...
- Women@CL - Home
- Resources & Opportunities for Girls & Technology
- Outreach events for girls, sponsored by the Ohio State University College of Engineering
- CR2 Home Page - Computer's Rock 24/7, an after-school computer class for girls in the University Area
- EducatingJane.com- Where smart girls go to learn!.
- Gidget Pipeline Project - A consortium of programs designed to provide support to girls and women in computing from elementary school to professional careers. [Check out the resources page on this site, too]
- GEMS - Girls Engaged in Mathematics and Science
- ITEST Learning Resource Center
- Imaginary Lines
- p12.osu.edu--Needs Assessment
- Tech Corps Ohio.org
- Websites for girls and young women
- You can be anything - Video - This is a great "music video" designed to encourage young women to consider careers in technology fields.
Research - References
- CMU Working Papers
- Eccles - Understanding women's educational choices
- Female IT professionals cope in a male-dominated industry
- Frontiers A Journal of Women Studies
- GENDER AND ACHIEVEMENT-RELATED BELIEFS AMONG EN...
- Special Edition - Changing Girls' Attitudes About Computers
- The Nexus of Confidence and Interest
- Women in Computer Science Carnegie Mellon's Women@SCS - Research Opportunities
- Women in Engineering Freshman Seminar
- Mailing Lists
- Systers - Women in Computing
- Systers-out - L/B/T/Q Women in Computing
- Systers-of-Color - email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
If you know of additional Web resources that we could add to this page, please email us.