Skip to main content
Best Paper Awards
- H. Fang, T. Tao and C. Zhai received Best Paper Award for their paper of in the ACM SIGIR Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval (SIGIR'04), July 2004.
- D. Zhou and T. H. Lai, received Best Paper Award for their paper of "A Scalable and Adaptive Cloxk Synchronization Protocol in IEEE 802.11-based Multihop Ad Hoc Networks" in International Conference on Mobile Ad-hoc Sensors Systems (MASS'05), November 2005.
- R. E. Miller, D.-L. Chen, D. Lee, and R. Hao received Best Paper Award for their paper of "Coping with Non-determinism in Network Protocol Testing" in 17th International Conference on Testing of Communicating Systems (TestCom'05), May 2005.
- W. Huang, Q. Gao, J. Liu, and D.K. Panda received Best Paper Award for
their paper of "High Performance Virtual Machine Migration with RDMA over Modern Interconnects" in IEEE International Conference on Cluster Computing (Cluster'07), September 2007.
- V. Tipparaju, J. Nieplocha, and D. K. Panda received Best Paper Award for their paper of "Fast Collective Operations Using Shared and Remote Memory Access Protocols on Clusters", in the International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium (IPDPS '03), April 2003.
- A. Ghoting, G. Buehrer, S. Parthasarathy, D. Kim, A. Nguyen, Y-K. Chen, and P. Dubey received Best Paper Award for their paper of "Cache-conscious Frequent Pattern Mining on a Modern Processor" in International Conference Very Large Data Bases (VLDB'05), September 2005.
- S. Asur, D. Ucar, and S. Parthasarathy received Best Paper Award for their paper of "An Event-based Framework for Characterizing the Evolutionary Behavior of Interaction Graphs" in the ACM Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining conference (SIGKDD'07) in August 2007.
- S. Lu, J. Tucek, F. Qin, and Y. Zhou awarded one of IEEE Micro's Top Picks from 2006 Architecture Conferences for their paper of "AVIO: Detecting Atomicity Violations via Access-Interleaving Invariants"
- F. Qin, J. Tucek, J. Sundaresan, and Y. Zhou received Best Paper Award for their paper of "Rx: Treating Bugs as Allergies: A Safe Method to Survive Software Failures"in ACM Symposium on Operating Systems Principles (SOSP'05), October, 2005.
- Yan Wu, Sonia Fahmy, and Ness B. Shroff received Best Student Paper Award for their paper of "Optimal Sleep/Wake Scheduling for Time-Synchronized Sensor Networks with QoS Guarantees" in International Workshop on Quality of Service (IWQoS'06), June 2006.
- Gaurav Sharma, Ravi Mazumdar, and Ness Shroff received Best Paper Award
for their paper of "Delay and Capacity Trade-offs in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks: A Global Perspective" In the 25th Conference of Computer Communications (INFOCOM'06), April 2006.
- Xiaojun Lin and Ness Shroff received the Best Paper of the Year Award
for their paper of "Towards Achieving the Maximum Capacity in Large Mobile Wireless Networks Under Delay Constraints", In Journal of Communications and Networks, 2005.
- Xin Liu, Edwin K.P. Chong and Ness B. Shroff received Best Paper of the Year Award for their paper of "A Framework for Opportunistic Scheduling in Wireless Networks" in Computer Networks, 2003.
- S. Pike and P. Sivilotti received Best Paper Award for their paper of "Dining Philosophers with Crash Locality" in International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS'04), March 2004.
- Leon Wang received IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks Outstanding Paper Award, 2005 (awarded in 2007 by the IEEE Computational Intelligence Society)
- Z. Xu and X. Zhang received Best Paper Award for their paper of "Multiprocessor Scalability Predictions through Detailed Program Execution Analysis", in ACM International Conference on Supercomputing (ICS'95), July 1995.
- Michael D. Twa, Srinivasan Parthasarathy, Thomas W. Raasch, and Mark Bullimore received Best Paper acknowledgment for "Decision Tree Classification of Spatial Data Patterns from Videokeratography using Zernicke Polynomials" at IEEE International Conference on Data Mining, 2003 (SDM2003).
- Srinivasan Parthasarathy and Matt Coatney won the Best Paper Award for their work "Efficient Discovery of Common Substructures in Macromolecules" at the SIAM International Conference on Data Mining in 2002 (ICDM 2002). pages 362-369