Are you a student who needs to contact the CSE Advising Office?
Please choose the group that best fits your situation for further instructions. (If you don’t fit any of these categories, please send us an e-mail with your specific questions.)
I am currently enrolled in one of these programs: pre-CSE, BS CSE, BS CIS.
- I am currently enrolled in the BA CIS program.
- I am currently enrolled in the pre-CIS program.
- I am a declared CIS minor.
- I am interested in learning more about declaring the pre-CSE or pre-CIS major.
- I am interested in learning more about declaring the CIS minor.
- I have questions about CSE classes that are required for my non-CSE/CIS major or minor.
- I am interested in learning more about the BS/MS combined program.
- I am a prospective OSU student (freshman or transfer).
- I am interested in returning to OSU after an absence.
- I am an undergraduate non-degree student interested in taking CSE courses.
- I am a College Credit Plus student interested in taking CSE courses.
The Advising Office is staffed by professional advisors who can help students in a variety of ways. The staff supports the mission of the National Academic Advising Association (NACADA) where "advising is teaching" and the interactions are based on student development and engagement.
Nikki Strader, Undergraduate Academic Advising Manager
LaNorris Alexander, Undergraduate Academic Advisor
Leslie Dowler, Undergraduate Academic Advisor
C.A. Wade, Undergraduate Academic Advisor
Kami Westhoff, Undergraduate Academic Advisor
- Academic planning
- Graduation requirements
- Financial Aid petitions
- College petitions
- Referrals to campus resources
- Placement tests
- Changing majors
- Internship planning
Once accepted into the major, students are assigned a faculty advisor based on the student's interests. Faculty advisors can assist with:
- Technical elective course selection
- Industry questions
- Research opportunities
- Technical questions