CSE 2111 Course Coordinator Position
The Ohio State University is seeking a highly qualified and skilled Lecturer as course coordinator for its course on modeling and problem solving with spreadsheets and databases. The course has 10-11 sections per semester with 160 students per section. The course coordinator is responsible for supervising 7 lecturers (some full and some part time) teaching the course, training and supervising about 20 Graduate Teaching Assistants, creating and scheduling lab assignments and exams, and overall coordination of these courses. Responsibilities include teaching a section of the course each semester. This position is for 12 months with course and material development done over the summer. The position is full-time and non-tenure-track. Appointment level and salary will depend on the candidate's qualifications and experience.
Applicants should have:
- An MS in Computer Science or Business;
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Access;
- Extensive teaching experience in a course involving Microsoft Excel and Access;
- Experience coordinating and managing a course with multiple sections and instructors;
- Excellent teaching abilities.
Applicants should submit a letter of application, teaching statement and philosophy, and a current CV, and arrange for three letters of reference that focus on the applicant’s teaching abilities and interests to be submitted electronically to Dr. Rephael Wenger c/o Kathryn Reeves at (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please include, in your application, the following:
1) Are you a US citizen, permanent resident, or authorized to work in the United States? [ ] Yes or [ ] No (choose one)
2) Will you now, or in the future, require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1-B visa status, etc.)? [ ] Yes [ ] No (choose one)
Applications will be reviewed immediately until all positions are filled.
To build a diverse workforce, The Ohio State University encourages applications from all individuals. Ohio State is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status.