Tenured/Tenure-Track Faculty Positions
The Computer Science and Engineering Department at The Ohio State University seeks to fill multiple tenure-track positions. We are interested in applicants in the following research areas, particularly at the associate professor and professor levels: (1) artificial intelligence, (2) high-performance computing and systems, and (3) cybersecurity. We are open to considering applicants at other levels and applicable research areas if qualifications align and contribute to the overall diversity of the department’s research, teaching, and learning environments.
Applicants should hold or be completing a Ph.D. in computer science and engineering or a closely related field and have a commitment to or a demonstrated record of excellence in the areas described below.
High-quality and high-impact research that advances state-of-the-art in computing, as evidenced by:
- Publications in selective, peer-reviewed forums (conferences or journals) where both the publication and forum influence researchers in the field
Competitive peer-reviewed research funding
- Patents and similar evidence of technological innovation
Service on editorial boards, conference committees, and policy-making panels and boards
- Honors for research achievements
Citations of published work
- Adoption of research results by others
High-quality teaching and student advising, as evidenced by:
Experience teaching at the graduate and undergraduate levels
- Student and peer feedback on teaching effectiveness
Awards for teaching
- Curricular and content development and innovations
Textbook and course material development
- Pedagogical innovations
Publications about teaching of computing
- Achievements of students advised
Progress and graduation of graduate students advised
- Service on dissertation and thesis committees
External and internal service, as evidenced by:
Professional activities such as service on conference organizing and program committees, editorships, and reviewing
- Reviewing of proposals for funding agencies
Invited talks, tutorials, or other professional presentations
- Public service related to the candidate's professional expertise
- Effective involvement in department, college, and university committees and initiatives
- Leadership in organizations and events that demonstrably broaden participation in computing, especially among historically underrepresented groups
Creative pursuits that scale outreach activities, reduce underrepresentation, or foster equity in computing
- A record of advising, mentoring, motivating, and impacting students from all backgrounds, including students from underrepresented groups
Research with implications for diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Activities aligned with NSF initiatives for broadening participation in computing
Certifications, awards, and professional development related to diversity and inclusion
Candidates for appointment at senior ranks should demonstrate a record of achievement in these areas as well as plans for further growth. Candidates for appointment at the assistant professor rank should demonstrate the potential for achievement in these areas, including plans for further growth.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit an application in Academic Jobs Online: https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/17526. Please include a cover letter, curriculum vita, statements of teaching and research interests, and names and contact information of at least three references commensurate with the rank sought.
The Ohio State University College of Engineering is strongly committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in all areas of scholarship, instruction, and outreach. In the cover letter, describe experiences, current interests or activities, and/or future goals that promote a climate that values diversity and inclusion in one or more of these areas.
The Ohio State University is committed to establishing a culturally and intellectually diverse environment, encouraging all members of our learning community to reach their full potential. We are responsive to dual-career families and strongly promote work-life balance to support our community members through a suite of institutionalized policies. We are an NSF Advance Institution, a member of the Ohio/Western Pennsylvania/West Virginia Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC), and have an excellent partner in The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.
The Ohio State University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status.
Application deadline: Review of applications will begin on December 15, 2020 and continue until the positions are filled.