You are here
- Home >
- Graduate Studies Committee
Graduate Studies Committee
The CSE Graduate Studies Committee developes, maintains and monitors policy and procedures for the operation of the CSE Department's graduate program, consistent with the Graduate School rules governing the CSE graduate faculty, the graduate student faculty and the graduate program.
In particular, the CSE Graduate Studies Committee:
- Supervises Comprehensive Examinations, Qualifying Examinations, Ph.D. Candidacy Examinations and Ph.D. Final Oral Examinations.
- Approves Candidacy Examination Committees and Doctoral Reading Committees and appoints departmental representatives to those committees.
- Considers and acts upon graduate student petitions for exceptions to departmental policies.
- Coordinates the CSE Department's participation in fellowship programs for students currently in the graduate program (i.e., the O.S.U. Presidential Fellowship Program.)
Get the official description of the CSE Graduate Studies Committee here.