Minor in Computer and Information Science
Computer and Information Science Minor
The CIS Minor program is intended for students who are pursuing another major but are interested in getting a reasonable exposure to Computer Science. There are no specific prerequisites for admission to the minor, but Math 1151 is required at some point (see minor sheet). Listed below you will find the curriculum requirements for the CIS minor. Notice the requirements are slightly different based on your first semester of enrollment at Ohio State.
- CIS Minor Program for students first enrolled at Ohio State SP16 and later
- CIS Minor Program for students first enrolled at Ohio State AU15 or earlier.
**Please note that students in the following degree programs are not permitted to declare a CIS minor.**
- Bachelor of Science in Data Analytics
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering (Computer Engineering track)
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering Physics (Computer Science specialization)
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (Information Systems specialization)
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial and Systems Engineering (Data Analytics and Optimization track)