- Assistant Professor, Computer Science & Engineering
595 Dreese Laboratories
2015 Neil Ave
Columbus, OH 43210
NDSEG Fellowship. ONR.
Best Student Paper Award. IUI Conference 2009.
- Preslav Nakov, Sara Rosenthal, Svetlana Kiritchenko, Saif M. Mohammad, Zornitsa Kozareva, Alan Ritter, Veselin Stoyanov, Xiaodan Zhu, 2016, Developing a successful SemEval task in sentiment analysis of Twitter and other social media texts. Language Resources and Evaluation 50, no. 1, 35 - 65.
- Wei Xu, Alan Ritter, Chris Callison-Burch, William B. Dolan and Yangfeng Ji, 2014, Extracting Lexically Divergent Paraphrases from Twitter. Transactions of the Association for Computational Linguistics 2, 435 -
- Alan Ritter, Luke Zettlemoyer, Mausam and Oren Etzioni, 2013, Modeling Missing Data in Distant Supervision for Information Extraction. Transactions of the Association for Computational Linguistics 1, 367 - 378.
- "Extracting Knowledge from Informal Text." 2014, Presented at Clunch, University of Pennsylvania,
- "Weakly Supervised Information Extraction for the Social Web." 2015, Presented at CLIP Seminar, University of Maryland,
- "Weakly Supervised Information Extraction for the Social Web." 2015, Presented at School of Computer Science, Carnegie Mellon University,
- "Weakly Supervised Information Extraction for the Social Web." 2016, Presented at Statistics Department Seminar, Ohio State University,
- "Weakly Supervised Information Extraction for the Social Web." 2015, Presented at Machine Learning Seminar, Purdue University,
Papers in Proceedings
- Alan Ritter, Evan Wright William Casey and Tom Mitchell Weakly Supervised Extraction of Computer Security Events from Twitter. in WWW. New York, http://aritter.github.io/twitter_security.pdf, (5 2015). ? -
- Timothy Baldwin, Young-Bum Kim, Marie Catherine de Marneffe, Alan Ritter, Bo Han, Wei Xu Shared tasks of the 2015 workshop on noisy user-generated text: Twitter lexical normalization and named entity recognition. in ACL WNUT. Beijing, http://www.aclweb.org/anthology/W/W15/W15-43.pdf#page=138, (8 2015). 126 - 135.
- Tom Mitchell, William Cohen, Estevam Hruschka, Partha Talukdar, Justin Betteridge, Andrew Carlson, Bhavana Dalvi, Matt Gardner, Bryan Kisiel, Jayant Krishnmurthy, Ni Lao, Kathryn Mazaitis, Tahir Mohammad, Ndapa Nakashole, Emmanouil Antonios Platanios, Alan Ritter, Mehdi Samadi, Burr Settles, Richard Wang, Derry Wijaya, Abhinav Gupta, Xinlei Chen, Abulhair Saparov, Malcolm Greaves and Joel Welling Never Ending Learning. in AAAI. ?, http://www.aaai.org/ocs/index.php/AAAI/AAAI15/paper/view/10049, (1 2015). 2302 -
- Xinlei Chen, Alan Ritter, Abhinav Gupta and Tom Mitchell "Sense Discovery via Co-Clustering on Images and Text." JOURNAL: "Proceedings of CVPR." in IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition. (6 2015). 5298 - 5306.
- Jiwei Li, Alan Ritter and Eduard Hovy Weakly Supervised User Profile Extraction from Twitter. in ACL. ?, http://aclweb.org/anthology/P/P14/P14-1016.pdf, (6 2014). 165 - 174.
- Jiwei Li, Alan Ritter, Claire Cardie and Eduard Hovy Major Life Event Extraction from Twitter based on Congratulations/Condolences Speech Acts. in EMNLP. ?, http://aclweb.org/anthology/D/D14/D14-1214.pdf, (10 2014). 1997 - 2007.
- Sara Rosenthal, Preslav Nakov, Alan Ritter, Veselin Stoyanov Semeval-2014 task 9: Sentiment analysis in twitter. in 8th International Workshop on Semantic Evaluation. ?, http://www.aclweb.org/anthology/S/S14/S14-2.pdf#page=93, (8 2014). pages 73–80 -