Associate Professor, Computer Science and Engineering
Dreese Laboratories2015 Neil Ave Columbus, OH 43210-1210
- My primary areas of interest are Software Engineering and Programming Languages with a focus on formal reasoning about the correctness of programs.
- A second area of interest is Computer Science education and, more broadly, STEM education including at the high-school level. Recently, I have become interested in the potential of video games to dramatically improve the quality of STEM education.
- I am also interested in approaches to assessment and program improvement of Computer Science programs. Over the last several years, I have served as a program evaluator (PEV) as well as a Team Chair (TC) for the ABET/CAC evaluation of a number of Computer Science programs.
- As the past chair of the CSE Department's Undergraduate Studies Committee, I was primarily responsible for overseeing the successful accreditation evaluation of the BS-CSE program over several cycles.
- Software engineering and programming languages
- Innovative approaches to STEM education
- Accreditation and assessment of Computer Science programs