You are here
BS CIS / BA CIS: Prerequisites for Admission to the CIS Major
The current prerequisites for admission to the CIS major are:
- Completion of ASC/NMS 1100.xx
- Completion of CSE 2221
- Completion of Math 1151
- Completion of Physics 1250 (only for BS CIS)
- Completion of English 1110.xx
- At least 15 credit hours earned at Ohio State.
- Students must meet one of the following GPA requirements
- Applications submitted SU19 or AU19 must have CPHR of at least 3.2 and MPHR of at least 2.0
- Applications submitted SP20 or later must have CPHR of at least 3.3 and MPHR of at least 2.7
- CPHR of at least 3.0 and MPHR of at least 3.2 having completed CSE 2221, 2231 and 2321
*CPHR = Cumulative Point Hour Ratio. This is the point hour ratio (or GPA) you have earned at OSU.
**MPHR = Major Point Hour Ratio. This is the point hour ratio (or GPA) for all CSE courses 2221 and higher taken at OSU.