BS CSE: Prerequisites for Admission to the CSE Major
The current prerequisites for admission to the CSE major are:
- Completion of Engr 1100.xx (or equivalent Survey course)
- Completion of CSE 2221
- Completion of Math 1151
- Completion of Physics 1250
- Completion of Engr 1181, 1182
- Completion of English 1110.xx
- At least 15 credit hours earned at Ohio State.
- Students must meet ONE of the following GPA requirements:
- CPHR* of at least 3.3 and MPHR** of a least 2.7
- CPHR* of at least 3.0 and MPHR** of at least 3.2 having completed CSE 2221, 2231, and 2321.
*CPHR = Cumulative Point Hour Ratio. This is the point hour ratio (or GPA) you have earned at OSU.
**MPHR = Major Point Hour Ratio. This is the point hour ratio (or GPA) for all CSE courses 2221 and higher taken at OSU.
If you have met these requirements, or will meet them this term, please fill out an application here.