You are here
BS CSE: Prerequisites for Admission to the CSE Major
The current prerequisites for admission to the CSE major are:
- Completion of Engr 1100.xx (or equivalent Survey course)
- Completion of CSE 2221
- Completion of Math 1151
- Completion of Physics 1250
- Completion of Engr 1181, 1182
- Completion of English 1110.xx
- At least 15 credit hours earned at Ohio State.
- Students must meet one of the following GPA requirements
- Applications submitted SU19 or AU19 must have CPHR of at least 3.2 and MPHR of at least 2.0
- Applications submitted SP20 or later must have CPHR of at least 3.3 and MPHR of at least 2.7
- CPHR of at least 3.0 and MPHR of at least 3.2 having completed CSE 2221, 2231 and 2321
*CPHR = Cumulative Point Hour Ratio. This is the point hour ratio (or GPA) you have earned at OSU.
**MPHR = Major Point Hour Ratio. This is the point hour ratio (or GPA) for all CSE courses 2221 and higher taken at OSU.
If you have met these requirements, or will meet them this term, please fill out an application here.